Young Israel of North Bellmore
- The NB eruv has been checked and is up for Shabbos Parshas Shmini (04/21/2017)
Rosh Chodesh Iyar will be on Wednesday and Thursday, April 26, 27.
- The Bogopulsky family will be sponsoring Seudah Shlishis this Shabbos leiluy nishmas the rabbi’s father Yakov Bogopulsky, Yakov Eliezer ben Yehoshua Heshel, whose yahrtzeit is on the 24th of Nisan. May his neshama have an aliyah.
Please remember that the shul relies on our Pesach appeal to bring much needed funds to the shul’s coffers, funds which are used to pay our electric, oil, water bills and other everyday expenses. Please be generous in making a donation to the shul as part of our annual Pesach appeal.
The Sisterhood of YINB has Mazal Tov, Sympathy and Get Well cards for sale. We request a minimum donation of $5.00 per card payable to Sisterhood YINB. To order cards, call Genie 516-781-6261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good news - Frankels grocery store in Far Rockaway has agreed to deliver to North Bellmore residents for about $10 for delivery. This is the link to their website www.frankelskosher.com
- An article about our shul appeared in the Queens Jewish Link recently.
- If you have names of ailing people you regularly include in the mi shebeirach list, please send them to the rabbi in advance so he can add them to the shul list. email@example.com
- Rabbi and Mrs. Moshe Gorelik would like to announce the birth of a new great-grandchild, a boy after seven girls, to their granddaughter, Tovah and her husband, David Halpern. The brith will be held on Friday morning at Merkaz Harav Kook, Jerusalem, iy”H. May they be zoche to bring this new baby to the brith of Avraham Avinu in its proper time and may they have much nachat from all their grand and great grand children.
- Mazal tov to Heather Cohen and Michael Waxman on the birth of a daughter! The baby was named Rivital Eliana. We're thrilled to wish mazal tov to Heather and Michael and their families on this wonderful simcha. May they be zoche to have much nachas from Rivital Eliana and share many s'machot!
Mazal tov to Joyce and Shep Woda on the birth of their first grandchild, a boy born to Ilene and Jeremy Manishor. The baby’s name is Levi Tuviah ben Yaakov Halevi – Landon Derek. May the family have much nachas and joy from this new addition!
- Mazal tov to Leslie and Dan Boyarsky on the bar miztvah of their grandson Akiva Boyarsky, son of Yael and Stuart Boyarsky this coming Shabbat. May they continue to have much nachas from all the children and grandchildren.
- Mazal tov to Shira and Zach Lippman on the bat mitzvah of their daughter, Adina. They will be sponsoring, I"YH, the kiddush in her honor on Shabbat 2/11 and would love the congregation to join in their simcha.
Mazal tov to Sybil and Hesh Trigoboff on the birth of a great-grandson, Menachem Mendel. The The baby was born to Yasef and Esther Golda Scharfstein and the proud grandparents are Hinda Leah and Zev Scharfstein. May the family have much nachas from this new addition.
- Double mazal tov to Arlene and Stu (former YINB president) Gherman and Chaya and Denny Simon (former members) on the marriage of their mutual granddaughter and the birth of a mutual great granddaughter to their children Eliyahu and Shuly Gherman.May these former YINB members continue to have nachat from their children and grandchildren.
Mazal tov to Rabbi and Sarah Gorelik on the birth of a great granddaughter. Shalhevet Leah was born in Jerusalem to Yechezkel and Sacha Gorelik, son and daughter in law of Rabbi David and Jackie Gorelik.Mazal tov to her two big brothers and the whole extended mishpacha. May the family have much nachas from all the grand and great grandchildren.
Mazal tov to Sam Avrami Leonard on becoming a Bar Mitzvah this upcoming Shabbat, December 10th. Mazal Tov to his mom Melissa and sister Laci. May the family share in many more simchas.
Sam appreciates all the support he got from the shul members in helping to make his mitzvah project a success! He collected over 70 toys, books and games for ill children who are hospitalized in Cohen Children's Hospital.
Mazal tov to Adi & Tuvia Eiger on the bris of their grandson, Yaakov Eitan, born to Merav and Ari Samuel. The baby is named Yaakov from the parsha. Yaakov was Rivka's son and Ari's mother’s name was Rivka. Eitan means strong and, b'ezrat Hashem, he will be strong in the Derech of the Torah and Ma’asim.tovim. We wish the Eigers much nachat from Yaakov Eitan and all their children and grandchildren. Mazal tov to the entire mishpacha.
Mazal tov to Judy and Steve Kaplan on the birth of a grandson - Yosef Shalom. Mazel tov to the parents Marilyn and David Cutler and Amy & Isaac and Cindy & Ari and their families. May this little one bring lots of nachas and joy to his family for many healthy and happy years to come
Mazel Tov to Sybelle & Harold Trigoboff on the birth of their great grandson, Menachem Mendel. Mazel Tov to the parents Rabbi Shlomo and Shifra Sharfstein who are Shluchim on Campus at the University of Georgia and Georgia Tech Atlanta, Georgia. Much nachas to the entire family.
Mazel Tov to Phyllis & David Wayne and Judy & Stu Zeitlin, on the birth of their granddaughter, Hannah Elizabeth (Channah Elisheva). Proud d happy parents are Gayle & Saul Zeitlin and big brothers Jeremy & Nathan.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving a Gemara Shiur on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings a half hour before Shachris.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving gemara classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7:30 followed by maariv at 8:00.
In 1966, several local families joined together to fulfill their dream of having an Orthodox Shul in North Bellmore. With high hopes for the future, they formed the Young Israel of North Bellmore with Dr. Harold Nierenberg Z”L as president, and they dedicated our current building within a year.
Here we are 50 years later and the Young Israel of North Bellmore is still active and strong and proud. We are very happy to have recently welcomed our new esteemed leader, Rabbi Chaim Bogopulsky, his lovely wife Batya, and their three daughters. He is only our third Rabbi in 50 years. Our amazing alumni and children represent us and excel as accomplished professionals in their fields and strong leaders in their congregations all over the world. We are so proud of their successes