Young Israel of North Bellmore
As part of our week and Shabbos of learning, and the Sisterhood summer Shabbos classes, we are proud to have Rabbi Ian and Ellen Azizollahoff with us this Shabbos. Ellen is Michael Lieberman's sister, and she will be giving a women’s shiur in the Shul immediately after the luncheon this Shabbos. Ellen is a long-time member of the faculty of Bruriah High School for Women in Passaic, NJ, and Coordinator of Student Programming there. Her topic is “Essence and Kavanah in prayer.”
The young men from the SEED program - Ashi, Ben, Dovi, Meir and Yaacov - have been here all week, learning with men in the evenings after davening, giving short divrei Torah between mincha and ma’ariv. All YINB men are invited and encouraged to attend learning programs with our SEED volunteers each evening after ma’ariv. If you’d like to arrange another time to learn one-on-one or in a small group, please let Rabbi Bogopulsky know and he’ll make the arrangements. These young men are eager to learn with the men in our shul and are coming prepared with a variety of interesting topics. They’ll be joining us at the luncheon this Shabbos and at the BBQ/picnic on Sunday.
Please join us for a Barbecue / picnic at Eisenhower Park on Sunday, August 13th in the early afternoon. The shul is sponsoring; no charge to you! Bring your relatives, friends, baseball mitts and balls, frisbees, hula hoops, bubbles and any other fun outdoor toys.
Our annual Bruce Greenfield, z"l, Pre Kol Nidre dinner will take place on Wednesday, August 30, time and location to be announced. A minimum contribution to the shul of $100 is required for each reservation. Please send your reservation to Alan Krinick at Alank1810@gmail.com and your checks to the shul by August 23. This is one of our shul's biggest fund raisers and it's a great opportunity to dine out with friends, relax, have fun and remember a good friend of our shul.
Good news - Frankels grocery store in Far Rockaway has agreed to deliver to North Bellmore residents for about $10 for delivery. This is the link to their website www.frankelskosher.com
- An article about our shul appeared in the Queens Jewish Link recently.
- If you have names of ailing people you regularly include in the mi shebeirach list, please send them to the rabbi in advance so he can add them to the shul list. email@example.com
Mazal tov to Adi and Tuvia Eiger on the naming of their granddaughter born to Liron and Cobi. The baby was named Ayala Raquel. Mazal tov to big brother Avigdor and to the Friedman and Eiger families. May Hashem grant them much nachat from Ayala Raquel and all their grandchildren!
Mazal tov to Judy and Stu Zeitlin on the engagement of their daughter Jessica to Andrew Lugerner. We wish the entire Zeitlin family a big mazal tov and much nachas from Jess and all their children and grandchildren.
Mazal tov to Judy Kamber and family on the upcoming bar mitzvah of her grandson, Shragi, son of Miriam and Yitzi Mendlowitz. Mazal tov to Shragi, his parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and his favorite great grandmother, Mrs Perrie Nordlicht. May Hashem grant the family many more years of nachas from Shragi.
Mazal tov to Annette Greenfield on the engagement of her son, Ari, to Helah Feldman of West Hempstead. Mazal tov to Ari's daughter, Ava, and to Helah's children, Kayla and Tani. May the entire family have much nachas from this young couple!
- Mazal tov on the marriage of Sybelle and Harold,a"h, Trigoboff's granddaughter Mushka Sharfstein to Baruch Edelkopf. The wedding took place on Lag B'Omer. We wish them much hatzlacha and wish the family much nachas as the new couple begins building their bayit ne'eman b'Yisrael.
- Rabbi and Mrs. Moshe Gorelik would like to announce the birth of a new great-grandchild, a boy after seven girls, to their granddaughter, Tovah and her husband, David Halpern. The brith will be held on Friday morning at Merkaz Harav Kook, Jerusalem, iy”H. May they be zoche to bring this new baby to the brith of Avraham Avinu in its proper time and may they have much nachat from all their grand and great grand children.
- Mazal tov to Heather Cohen and Michael Waxman on the birth of a daughter! The baby was named Rivital Eliana. We're thrilled to wish mazal tov to Heather and Michael and their families on this wonderful simcha. May they be zoche to have much nachas from Rivital Eliana and share many s'machot!
Mazal tov to Joyce and Shep Woda on the birth of their first grandchild, a boy born to Ilene and Jeremy Manishor. The baby’s name is Levi Tuviah ben Yaakov Halevi – Landon Derek. May the family have much nachas and joy from this new addition!
- Mazal tov to Leslie and Dan Boyarsky on the bar miztvah of their grandson Akiva Boyarsky, son of Yael and Stuart Boyarsky this coming Shabbat. May they continue to have much nachas from all the children and grandchildren.
- Mazal tov to Shira and Zach Lippman on the bat mitzvah of their daughter, Adina. They will be sponsoring, I"YH, the kiddush in her honor on Shabbat 2/11 and would love the congregation to join in their simcha.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving a Gemara Shiur on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings a half hour before Shachris.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving gemara classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7:30 followed by maariv at 8:00.
In 1966, several local families joined together to fulfill their dream of having an Orthodox Shul in North Bellmore. With high hopes for the future, they formed the Young Israel of North Bellmore with Dr. Harold Nierenberg Z”L as president, and they dedicated our current building within a year.
Here we are 50 years later and the Young Israel of North Bellmore is still active and strong and proud. We are very happy to have recently welcomed our new esteemed leader, Rabbi Chaim Bogopulsky, his lovely wife Batya, and their three daughters. He is only our third Rabbi in 50 years. Our amazing alumni and children represent us and excel as accomplished professionals in their fields and strong leaders in their congregations all over the world. We are so proud of their successes