Young Israel of North Bellmore
Rosh Chodesh Av will be on Sunday night, Monday, July 24. This marks the beginning of the period known as the nine days leading up to Tisha B’Av.
Our sincere condolences to Martha and Jerry Steinhart on the passing today of Jerry's brother Eugene, Yehuda ben Aharon Moshe.
Our sincere condolences to Esther and David Isler on the passing of David's father Arthur Isler, Avraham Chaim Ben Yehoshua.
May both these families be comforted among the mourners of Zion and Yerushalayim and may their neshamos have aliyot.
Minyan for shacharis on Sunday morning at 8:30am and for mincha/ma’ariv on Sunday evening at 8:05pm will be at the Steinhart home: 43 Riverside Street in Amityville, NY 11701
- Thank you Rachel Lelonek for her class last Shabbat and to the Boyarskys for hosting. The next Shabbat afternoon class will be on July 29th at 5pm and open to all. The class will be given by Jerry Duci on the topic “Ten Passages in the Torah Regarding Mashiach” and will be hosted by Genie Storch at the home of Andrea and Dr Michael Lieberman 2415 Joel Dr.
We will be hosting four young men and a married couple from the SEED program. They will be coming to our community to lead classes for men and for women too. We will be hosting them from Sunday, August 6th through Monday evening, August 14th. The shul will be having a luncheon on Shabbos, August 12th and a picnic/barbecue in Eisenhower Park on Sunday, August 13th. We still need hosts for two of the young men, lodging only. Lodging for the other two men and the couple has been arranged.
Good news - Frankels grocery store in Far Rockaway has agreed to deliver to North Bellmore residents for about $10 for delivery. This is the link to their website www.frankelskosher.com
- An article about our shul appeared in the Queens Jewish Link recently.
- If you have names of ailing people you regularly include in the mi shebeirach list, please send them to the rabbi in advance so he can add them to the shul list. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mazal tov to Judy Kamber and family on the upcoming bar mitzvah of her grandson, Shragi, son of Miriam and Yitzi Mendlowitz. Mazal tov to Shragi, his parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and his favorite great grandmother, Mrs Perrie Nordlicht. May Hashem grant the family many more years of nachas from Shragi.
Mazal tov to Annette Greenfield on the engagement of her son, Ari, to Helah Feldman of West Hempstead. Mazal tov to Ari's daughter, Ava, and to Helah's children, Kayla and Tani. May the entire family have much nachas from this young couple!
- Mazal tov on the marriage of Sybelle and Harold,a"h, Trigoboff's granddaughter Mushka Sharfstein to Baruch Edelkopf. The wedding took place on Lag B'Omer. We wish them much hatzlacha and wish the family much nachas as the new couple begins building their bayit ne'eman b'Yisrael.
- Rabbi and Mrs. Moshe Gorelik would like to announce the birth of a new great-grandchild, a boy after seven girls, to their granddaughter, Tovah and her husband, David Halpern. The brith will be held on Friday morning at Merkaz Harav Kook, Jerusalem, iy”H. May they be zoche to bring this new baby to the brith of Avraham Avinu in its proper time and may they have much nachat from all their grand and great grand children.
- Mazal tov to Heather Cohen and Michael Waxman on the birth of a daughter! The baby was named Rivital Eliana. We're thrilled to wish mazal tov to Heather and Michael and their families on this wonderful simcha. May they be zoche to have much nachas from Rivital Eliana and share many s'machot!
Mazal tov to Joyce and Shep Woda on the birth of their first grandchild, a boy born to Ilene and Jeremy Manishor. The baby’s name is Levi Tuviah ben Yaakov Halevi – Landon Derek. May the family have much nachas and joy from this new addition!
- Mazal tov to Leslie and Dan Boyarsky on the bar miztvah of their grandson Akiva Boyarsky, son of Yael and Stuart Boyarsky this coming Shabbat. May they continue to have much nachas from all the children and grandchildren.
- Mazal tov to Shira and Zach Lippman on the bat mitzvah of their daughter, Adina. They will be sponsoring, I"YH, the kiddush in her honor on Shabbat 2/11 and would love the congregation to join in their simcha.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving a Gemara Shiur on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings a half hour before Shachris.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving gemara classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7:30 followed by maariv at 8:00.
In 1966, several local families joined together to fulfill their dream of having an Orthodox Shul in North Bellmore. With high hopes for the future, they formed the Young Israel of North Bellmore with Dr. Harold Nierenberg Z”L as president, and they dedicated our current building within a year.
Here we are 50 years later and the Young Israel of North Bellmore is still active and strong and proud. We are very happy to have recently welcomed our new esteemed leader, Rabbi Chaim Bogopulsky, his lovely wife Batya, and their three daughters. He is only our third Rabbi in 50 years. Our amazing alumni and children represent us and excel as accomplished professionals in their fields and strong leaders in their congregations all over the world. We are so proud of their successes