Young Israel of North Bellmore
- The Eruv has been checked and is up for Shabbos Parshas Balak (07/21/2016).
- This Sunday is the Fast of 17-Tamuz. This year, it is on the 18th of Tamuz, because we don’t fast on Shabbat. Fast begins at 4:03am, Shacharis is at 8:30am, Mincha/Ma’ariv at 7:45pm and the fast ends at 9:06pm. This is the beginning of what is known as the period of the Three Weeks when we mourn the destruction of the Beit haMikdash. During these three weeks celebrations are limited, we don’t take haircuts, listen to music, purchase new clothing and other restrictions.
- Seudah Shlishit this Shabbos is sponsored by Meir Navie in commemoration of the yahrzeit of his grandmother, Hosnat bat Rabbi Nisan. May her neshama have an aliyah.
- Our annual Bruce Greenfield, z"l, Pre Kol Nidre dinner will take place on Wednesday, August 3 at 6:30pm in Chosen Village of Great Neck. A minimum contribution to the shul of $100 is required for each reservation.
Please send your reservation to Alan Krinick at Alank1810@gmail.com and your checks to the shul by July 29. This is one of our shul's biggest fund raisers and it's a great opportunity to eat out with friends, relax, have fun and remember a good friend of our shul.
- SAVE THE DATE! Monday, September 19th at 7:00pm in the shul for the annual sisterhood dinner. Our special program for all women will be a book discussion led by renowned speaker Mrs. Perrie Nordlicht. We will be discussing the book "Rebbe: The Life and Teachings of Menachem M. Schneerson, the Most Influential Rabbi in Modern History" written by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin. People who read the book will enjoy the discussion even more. Even if you just read parts of it, you’ll enjoy it though the dinner/ book discussion is open to those who have not read the book as well. Please invite friends and family to join us. More information to follow.
- The Sisterhood of YINB has Mazel Tov, Sympathy, and Get Well cards for sale. We request a minimum donation of $5.00 per card payable to the Sisterhood YINB.
To order cards please call Genie at 516-781-6261 or email email@example.com
- Journal Ads for the shul's 50th anniversary dinner which is scheduled to take place on Sunday, November 13, 2016 can be placed online or by mail on the 50th Anniversary Dinner tab.
This coming year, the Young Israel of North Bellmore will be celebrating its 50th anniversary. The shul is planning several events spread throughout the year to commemorate this milestone. With this in mind, we are interested in seeing old photos and videos of shul events and shul personalities from the last 50 years. We would like to make a video montage with these photos and videos, documenting some of the history, highlights and people who helped make the Young Israel of North Bellmore a special place over the last 50 years.
If you have photos and videos to contribute, kindly send them to Michael Rosenbloom at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the photo commemorates a specific event, please let us know the occasion and year, if not month and year of the event. If you want to send a hard copy of photos, please send them to the shul. Address the envelope to Michael Rosenbloom, Young Israel of North Bellmore, 2428 Hamilton Rd., North Bellmore 11710.
A mazal tov to Cheryl and Avi Dubin on the birth today of a baby boy! Mazal tov to big siblings, Shalva and Eli, to the parents, grandparents and the whole mishpacha. May the Dubins see lots of nachas from all their children!
Mazal tov to Adi & Tuvia Eiger on the birth of a granddaughter, born to their children Inbal and Dr. Ari Elman late Thursday night. Mazal tov to big brothers Yehuda, Akiva and Daniel, big sister Liora and the entire mishpacha. May this new addition be a source of joy and nachas to the entire mishpacha.
Mazal tov to Judy and Michael Turk on the birth of their newest granddaughter, born this morning to their children Jacqueline and David Turk. Mazal tov to big brother, Dov, and big sister, Elana, and the whole mishpacha especially great grandmother, Mrs Jean Turk. May the family have much nachas!
Mazal tov to Elly and Shelly Wortzman on the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary!
Mazal tov and much nachas to Sybelle and Harold Trigoboff on the birth of their great grandson, Gilad, born to their grandchildren Sigal and Moshe in Israel.
Mazal tov to the Boriskin family on the birth of a son to Lea and Jeff Boriskin. The baby was born Monday morning and all is well, Baruch Hashem. We wish a hearty mazal tov to the new parents, to grandparents Bob and Esther, to Suri and Howard, to big siblings Ezra and Talia and the whole mishpacha. May this little one bring lots of nachas and joy to his family for many healthy and happy years to come and may his family be zoche to bring him to the bris of Avraham Avinu in its proper time. Mazal Tov!!
Mazal tov to Rozanne Polansky on the brit of Eliyahu Polansky, son of Ricki and Motty Polansky. May the family have continued nachat from Eliyahu and all his siblings and cousins.
Mazel Tov to Genie Storch on the naming of her new granddaughter, born to her children Joseph and Naomi Storch. The baby's name is Rochel Mindel, Rose Mira. Mazel tov to big brother Ethan and the entire Storch and Krakower families.
Mazel Tov to our Baal Koreh - Meir Sears on his engagement to Nomi Berkowitz from Flatbush!!
Mazal tov to Judy and Michael Sigal on the bris this morning of their first grandchild - a boy, born to their children Shoshana and Baruch Yehuda Sabel. The baby was named Yosef after his father's grandfather. Mazal tov to the Sabel family, to the new aunts Malka and Esther, to the great grandparents and the whole mishpacha! May they be zoche to have lots of nachas from Yosef!!
Mazal tov to Francine Stampnitzky on the birth of a baby girl to her children Julie and Yehoshua Kahan in Israel. The baby's name is Esther Yetta after Francine's mother. Mazal tov to the happy siblings Yitzchak, Tzippy, Moshe Kalman and Michal Yehudah. May this new baby and her siblings continue to give nachas to her family!
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving a Gemara Shiur on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings a half hour before Shachris.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving gemara classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7:30 followed by maariv at 8:00.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving the next Insights In Tefillah Class; learning the deeper dimension of the Shemonah Esrei, on Monday July 25 at 7pm in the shul. All women are invited.
- Thank you to Rachel Lelonek for the highly informative class on Tisha b’Av and thanks to the Boyarskys for hosting last week’s women’s class and sisterhood for arranging. The next Shabbat afternoon class is July 30 at 5pm, given by Devorah Lieberman and Jerry Duci at the home of Andrea and Michael Lieberman: 2415 Joel Dr. All are invited to attend. Devorah’s topic will be gemilut chasadim. Jerry Duci will be giving a class entitled Pinchas Throughout the Ages. In the Parsha of Pinchas that is read next Shabbat, we learn about Pinchas’ zeal for the sake of Shamayim and how he received the eternal Covenant of Peace. In this class, we will explore what our tradition says happened to him in the years and centuries following, and about his major connection to the ultimate redemption.
If you are able to host a class in August, please be in touch with Malka Kipnes: 516-790-3685 email@example.com. Andrea Lieberman will be the speaker. The topic will be on Famous Jewish Women from a lecture series originally given by Andrea's mother, Mrs. Esther Kaplan.
- Jerry Duci has been invited back to speak once again in Long Beach on Sunday afternoon, July 31st, 2016 at 4:00 pm. He will be giving a class entitled: "Tiferet Yisrael Cast Down from Heaven to Earth: A Deeper Look at Sefer Eichah / The Book of Lamentations."
This class will explore the deep spiritual rupture caused by the destruction of the Temple, and the avenue of hope for the future.
The class, for both men and women, will make extensive use of visuals, and will be in a comfortable, home environment with refreshments.
Contact Jerry for location specifics and for more info.
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE YOUNG ISRAEL OF NORTH BELLMORE
In 1966, several local families joined together to fulfill their dream of having an Orthodox Shul in North Bellmore. With high hopes for the future, they formed the Young Israel of North Bellmore with Dr. Harold Nierenberg Z”L as president, and they dedicated our current building within a year.
Here we are 50 years later and the Young Israel of North Bellmore is still active and strong and proud. We are very happy to have recently welcomed our new esteemed leader, Rabbi Chaim Bogopulsky, his lovely wife Batya, and their three daughters. He is only our third Rabbi in 50 years. Our amazing alumni and children represent us and excel as accomplished professionals in their fields and strong leaders in their congregations all over the world. We are so proud of their successes.
We are therefore very excited to be celebrating this milestone 50th anniversary of our Shul at several events during 2016, culminating with our gala dinner IY”H on
SUNDAY EVENING, NOVEMBER 13, 2016, at 6:00 pm
Congregation Ohr Torah, North Woodmere, NY
We hope to share this evening with members, their friends and families, alumni and their children and other friends of the Young Israel of North Bellmore. We will also welcome Rabbi Dov and Yaffa Schreier and Rabbi Morris and Sarah Gorelik to the dinner. The Goreliks plan to come from Israel to honor us with their presence for a Shabbos as well as for the dinner. They are looking forward to joining us for this exciting reunion.
Please mark your calendars for NOVEMBER 13. Also please provide us with the addresses of your children and family members so we can send them announcements and invitations. They can be given to Michael Rosenbloom or sent to him at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Looking forward to celebrating this wonderful milestone with everyone.
Young Israel of North Bellmore 50th Anniversary Committee