Young Israel of North Bellmore
- The Eruv has been checked and is up for Shabbos Parshas Beha'aloscha (6/23/2016)
- Welcome to Rozanne Polansky who is visiting from Israel for two weeks.
- It is customary to make a charitable donation after saying yizkor in memory of our departed family members. Please remember the shul when planning a donation.
- Reminder that we have a local vaad and a reliable kosher butcher in the area now. According to Andrea, after her recent visit to Prime Kosher in Merrick, everything looks good and fresh and the prices are excellent. Everyone should stop in and support our local store.
- Journal Ads for the shul's 50th anniversary dinner which is scheduled to take place on Sunday, November 13, 2016 can be placed online or by mail on the 50th Anniversary Dinner tab.
This coming year, the Young Israel of North Bellmore will be celebrating its 50th anniversary. The shul is planning several events spread throughout the year to commemorate this milestone. With this in mind, we are interested in seeing old photos and videos of shul events and shul personalities from the last 50 years. We would like to make a video montage with these photos and videos, documenting some of the history, highlights and people who helped make the Young Israel of North Bellmore a special place over the last 50 years.
If you have photos and videos to contribute, kindly send them to Michael Rosenbloom at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the photo commemorates a specific event, please let us know the occasion and year, if not month and year of the event. If you want to send a hard copy of photos, please send them to the shul. Address the envelope to Michael Rosenbloom, Young Israel of North Bellmore, 2428 Hamilton Rd., North Bellmore 11710.
Mazal tov to Elly and Shelly Wortzman on the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary!
Mazal tov and much nachas to Sybelle and Harold Trigoboff on the birth of their great grandson, Gilad, born to their grandchildren Sigal and Moshe in Israel.
Mazal tov to the Boriskin family on the birth of a son to Lea and Jeff Boriskin. The baby was born Monday morning and all is well, Baruch Hashem. We wish a hearty mazal tov to the new parents, to grandparents Bob and Esther, to Suri and Howard, to big siblings Ezra and Talia and the whole mishpacha. May this little one bring lots of nachas and joy to his family for many healthy and happy years to come and may his family be zoche to bring him to the bris of Avraham Avinu in its proper time. Mazal Tov!!
Mazal tov to Rozanne Polansky on the brit of Eliyahu Polansky, son of Ricki and Motty Polansky. May the family have continued nachat from Eliyahu and all his siblings and cousins.
Mazel Tov to Genie Storch on the naming of her new granddaughter, born to her children Joseph and Naomi Storch. The baby's name is Rochel Mindel, Rose Mira. Mazel tov to big brother Ethan and the entire Storch and Krakower families.
Mazel Tov to our Baal Koreh - Meir Sears on his engagement to Nomi Berkowitz from Flatbush!!
Mazal tov to Judy and Michael Sigal on the bris this morning of their first grandchild - a boy, born to their children Shoshana and Baruch Yehuda Sabel. The baby was named Yosef after his father's grandfather. Mazal tov to the Sabel family, to the new aunts Malka and Esther, to the great grandparents and the whole mishpacha! May they be zoche to have lots of nachas from Yosef!!
Mazal tov to Francine Stampnitzky on the birth of a baby girl to her children Julie and Yehoshua Kahan in Israel. The baby's name is Esther Yetta after Francine's mother. Mazal tov to the happy siblings Yitzchak, Tzippy, Moshe Kalman and Michal Yehudah. May this new baby and her siblings continue to give nachas to her family!
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving a Gemara Shiur on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings a half hour before Shachris.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving gemara classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7:30 followed by maariv at 8:00.
- Rabbi Bogopulsky will be giving the next Insights in Tefillah Class on Monday, June 27th at 7pm in the shul. We are learning the deeper meaning of the Shemonah Esrei. All women are invited. For more information and to rsvp contact Malka 481-3997 email@example.com
- Sisterhood announces the following dates and speakers for the Shabbos Afternoon Classes
July 16 5pm host: Leslie Boyarsky Speaker : Rachel Lelonek
July 30 5pm host: Andrea Lieberman Speakers: Devorah Lieberman & Jerry Duci
Speakers’ subjects to be announced. Contact Malka Kipnes 790-3997 firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to host a class for either August. 20 or 27.
- Jerry Duci has been invited to speak in Long Beach on Sunday afternoon, June 26th, 2016 at 4:00 pm. He'll be speaking on the topic:
"The Significance of the Seven Things Created before the Creation of the Universe."
The Talmud enumerates these seven items and this class will review them and discuss the significance of these particular items being created before the creation of the universe. We will also see how knowing that these specific items preceded Creation gives us tremendous hope and encouragement.
The class is for both men & woman, and will be in a comfortable, home environment with refreshments. (This class is based on a shiur given on a Shabbat afternoon in North Bellmore last year.) Contact Jerry at email@example.com for location specifics and for more info.
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE YOUNG ISRAEL OF NORTH BELLMORE
In 1966, several local families joined together to fulfill their dream of having an Orthodox Shul in North Bellmore. With high hopes for the future, they formed the Young Israel of North Bellmore with Dr. Harold Nierenberg Z”L as president, and they dedicated our current building within a year.
Here we are 50 years later and the Young Israel of North Bellmore is still active and strong and proud. We are very happy to have recently welcomed our new esteemed leader, Rabbi Chaim Bogopulsky, his lovely wife Batya, and their three daughters. He is only our third Rabbi in 50 years. Our amazing alumni and children represent us and excel as accomplished professionals in their fields and strong leaders in their congregations all over the world. We are so proud of their successes.
We are therefore very excited to be celebrating this milestone 50th anniversary of our Shul at several events during 2016, culminating with our gala dinner IY”H on
SUNDAY EVENING, NOVEMBER 13, 2016, at 6:00 pm
Congregation Ohr Torah, North Woodmere, NY
We hope to share this evening with members, their friends and families, alumni and their children and other friends of the Young Israel of North Bellmore. We will also welcome Rabbi Dov and Yaffa Schreier and Rabbi Morris and Sarah Gorelik to the dinner. The Goreliks plan to come from Israel to honor us with their presence for a Shabbos as well as for the dinner. They are looking forward to joining us for this exciting reunion.
Please mark your calendars for NOVEMBER 13. Also please provide us with the addresses of your children and family members so we can send them announcements and invitations. They can be given to Michael Rosenbloom or sent to him at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Looking forward to celebrating this wonderful milestone with everyone.
Young Israel of North Bellmore 50th Anniversary Committee